- This event has passed.
Information Session: Emerging Leaders Initiative
March 2 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pmFree
Are you ready to take your small business to the next level? Attend a one-hour informational session March 2 to learn more about SBA’s Emerging Leaders Program. This is offered virtually to eligible small businesses in South Texas.
The Emerging Leaders Initiative provides “no-cost” advanced “mini MBA” training for small business owners and executives who inspire to elevate their businesses. The course includes nearly 100 hours of classroom time and opportunities to work with experienced coaches and mentors and develop connections with their peers, local leaders and the financial community.
“The program’s goal is to build sustainable businesses that promote economic development and job creation in South Texas,” Angela R. Burton, district director, SBA’s Lower Rio Grande Valley District, said. “As small businesses persevere through a period of recovery and resilience, SBA will continue to provide resources such as Emerging Leaders to help businesses grow even stronger and return to prosperity,” she added.
To be eligible, program candidates must:
- Generate revenues between $250,000 and $10 million,
- Have been in business for at least three years,
- Have at least one employee besides the executive participant,
- Attend 13 workshops and seven mentoring sessions (about 100 hours)
- Committed to building a growth plan and complete required coursework