Valley Vets Invited to Free Appreciation Dinner

By:

Valley Vets Invited to Free Appreciation Dinner

A free Veterans Appreciation Dinner, catered by Rudy’s Barbecue takes place Feb. 24 in the Harlingen.
A free Veterans Appreciation Dinner, catered by Rudy’s Barbecue takes place Feb. 24 in the Harlingen.

Rio Grande Valley veterans will receive honors during a Rudy’s Barbeque-catered Veterans Appreciation Dinner Feb. 25. The free event is complements of senators Donna Campbell and Eddie Lucio Jr. 

“There is no more honorable title than to be a veteran. We want to honor and thank all veterans of the Rio Grande Valley and hope they will join us,” said Campbell.

A public hearing of the Texas Senate Committee on Veteran Affairs and Border Security will precede the dinner. The VABS hearing will begin at 1 p.m. All veterans may attend the hearing and provide testimony if they wish. They are then free to take part in the appreciation meal at 5 p.m.

“My father was a disabled veteran who instilled in me the deep respect I have for every person who has served our country,” said Lucio. “This is an excellent opportunity for our veterans and their families to share their needs with the committee with standing jurisdiction over all Veteran Affairs in the Texas Senate.”

The dinner takes place at the Harlingen Convention Center, 701 Harlingen Heights Drive.

Comments