Students from 12 area high schools are the recipients of a total of $12,000 in scholarships from IBC Bank-Brownsville. The A.R. Sanchez Sr. Memorial and Fred W. Rusteberg scholarships are need-based scholarships for those high school seniors possessing a commitment to IBC’s “Do More” philosophy.
“At IBC Bank, we understand that the future of our community depends on the success of our students,” says IBC Bank-Brownsville President and CEO Al Villarreal. “We are proud to be able to provide financial support to our local students through our two scholarship programs.”
IBC Bank began the A.R. Sanchez, Sr. Memorial Scholarship Program more than two decades ago. Since then, more than $2 million in scholarships have gone to students across South Texas and Oklahoma.
“The recipients of our A.R. Sanchez, Sr. and Fred Rusteberg scholarships are chosen for their dedication to volunteerism and community service,” explains IBC Bank Chairman & CEO Dennis E. Nixon. “These civic-minded young people represent our future, and IBC Bank is honored to play a part in alleviating some of their financial burden in their pursuit of higher education.”
IBC Bank-Brownsville A.R. Sanchez 2019 scholarship award recipients include:
- Sinai Michelle Zavala Garcia of Rivera High School
- Jennifer Jazmin Alamilla Gonzalez of Lopez Early College High School
- Beatriz Hernandez of Brownsville Early College High School
- Presilla Deniel Moreno of James Pace Early College High School
- Brigitte Janeth Ortiz of Porter Early College High School
- Anette Michel Sosa of Homer Hanna Early College High School
IBC Bank-Brownsville Fred W. Rusteberg 2019 scholarship award recipients include:
- Natalia Baldovinos of Port Isabel High School
- Karen Gracia of Saint Joseph Academy
- Jacqueline Del Molino of Veterans Memorial High School
- Ernesto Proenza of Harlingen High School
- Teresa Marie Rodriguez of Harlingen High School South
- Debie Abigail Ruiz of Los Fresnos High School
The local scholarships are part of $153,000 in scholarships from IBC to deserving high school seniors across Texas and Oklahoma in honor of Antonio R. Sanchez Sr., founder of IBC Bank.