Nominations for the 2020 Texas Historical Commission’s Preservation Awards have been extended through July 31. The THC offers these annual awards to recognize the most accomplished and prestigious historic preservation leaders and projects in Texas.
The THC is accepting nominations for the following awards:
- Governor’s Award for Historic Preservation
- John L. Nau III Award of Excellence in Museums
- Ruth Lester Lifetime Achievement Award
- John Ben Shepperd County Historical Commission Leadership Award
- George Christian Outstanding Volunteer of the Year Award
- Curtis D. Tunnell Lifetime Achievement Award in Archeology
- THC Award of Excellence in Preserving History
- Anice B. Read Award of Excellence in Community Heritage Development
- THC Award of Excellence in Historic Architecture
- THC Award of Excellence in Media Achievement
Winners selection will take place at the Commission’s October 2020 quarterly meeting. All nominees will receive notification of their status shortly afterward.
Anyone may submit a nomination in accordance with the guidelines.
The THC also offers the Award of Merit for efforts and contributions of a group or individual preserving Texas’ cultural and historic resources. Nomination submission may be made for this award anytime throughout the year.