The Rio Grande Valley Medical Education Conference & Exposition for Valley physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, pharmacists and medical students takes place April 27-28 on South Padre Island.
“This year’s conference will be particularly convenient in allowing physicians and other healthcare professionals in Hidalgo and Cameron counties to obtain the education credits they need in one jam-packed weekend,” said Dr. Robert Sepulveda, chairman of the conference.
The conference will also provide continuing medical education credits, including those in medical ethics, for doctors and other healthcare professionals.
“We are very excited to offer an exciting line-up of speakers from across the Valley and the state of Texas who will update our physicians and healthcare professionals on the treatment of problems frequently encountered, but which can be difficult or confusing in practice,” said Sepulveda.
Speakers for the conference include:
- Patricia Sulak, MD: “Hormone Therapy” and “Healthcare Professional BURNOUT: The Cause and the Cure”
- Annabelle Lopez, MD, “Obstetrical Hemorrhage”
- Michael DeCandia, MD, “Wound Care: A Radiologist’s Perspective”
- Ricardo Abreu, MD, FCCP, FAASM, “Point-of-Care Ultrasound for the Critically-Ill”
- Michael Sander, MD, “Pre-operative Imaging versus Intra-operative Findings: Case-Based Discussion”
- Clarissia Calvo-Strube, MD, “Breast Masses”
- Mario Gomez, MD, FCCP, “Pneumonia: Newest Guidelines and Treatment Strategies”
- Carlos Morales MD, FACC, FSCAI, “The ECG in Coronary Artery Disease”
- Veronica Piziak, MD, PHD, FACP, “What’s Happening in Osteoporosis?”, “Incorporating New Medications for Type 2 Diabetes into Your Practice,” and “Managing Obesity: Selecting Options for Your Patients”
- Michael Evans, MD, “Management of Atrial Fibrillation Diagnosis”
The conference takes place at Isla Grand Beach Resort.