The City of Edinburg is now accepting applications for its third round of funding for SPARC 3.0. The Stimulus Program Aimed at Recovery from COVID19 assists locally-owned businesses with economic recovery.
In 2020, more than 500 locally-owned businesses joined the SPARC network and received grants in the SPARC 1.0 and SPARC 2.0 rounds. Home-based businesses are eligible if they pay sales tax to the State of Texas or pay property tax on business personal property.
In order to qualify, a business must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Business must be located in Edinburg’s city limits.
- Business is currently operating.
- Locally-owned (i.e. not part of a national chain)
- Business has 50 or fewer employees.
- Business currently pays at least one of the following taxes: Sales tax, property tax on non-residential real property for commercial purposes, or Property tax on business personal property