The McAllen Chamber of Commerce is currently accepting nominations for its Top 5 Small Business Awards. The honor recognizes “those businesses which have been the foundation for the economic prosperity and resilience which McAllen has experienced over the last several years.”
Businesses may showcase accomplishments and impact on the community. The chamber views the exposure as an outlet to tell success stories of businesses. Participating businesses must complete a Top 5 Small Business Awards application, and provide documentation supporting their claim as one of McAllen’s finest businesses. Nominations can be self or made by outside parties who consider a business doing an outstanding job.
Businesses must comply with the following criteria:
1. Your business has to consist of no more than 200 employees to qualify as a small business.
2. Your business was established before 2015.
3. Your business has had a consistent record of employment in the last two years.
4. Your business has had a steady increase in sales over the last three years (no hard numbers just percentage increases).
5. Your business has demonstrated consistent community involvement in the last two years.
6. Your business has improved or expanded its product and/or services through expansion and/or innovation.
7. Your business operates a location in the McAllen area.
Financial institutions are not eligible for nomination.