South Texas Health System Heart (McAllen Heart Hospital) is one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Surgery as well as America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care according to a national study by Healthgrades. Every year, Healthgrades evaluates hospital performance at almost 4,500 hospitals nationwide for 32 of the most common inpatient procedures and conditions.
The accolades comes from Healthgrades 2019 Report to the Nation. The report demonstrates how clinical performance differs dramatically between hospitals nationally, regionally and at the local level, as well as the impact that this variation has on health outcomes. For its analysis, Healthgrades evaluated approximately 45 million Medicare inpatient records for almost 4,500 short-term acute care hospitals nationwide. They assess hospital performance in 32 common conditions and procedures, as well as evaluated outcomes in appendectomy and bariatric surgery. Healthgrades uses all-payer data provided by 15 states and the District of Columbia.
South Texas Health System Heart also received recognition for the following achievements:
- Cardiac Care Excellence Award (2017- 2019)
- Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award (2017-2019)
- One of Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care for three years in a row
- One of Healthgrades America’s 50 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Surgery in 2019
- Named among the top 10 percent in the nation for Overall Cardiac Services for three years in a row
- Five-Star recipient for: Coronary Bypass Surgery for three years in a row, treatment of Heart Attack for six years in a row, and Treatment of Heart Failure in 2019
“Hospitals that have achieved the Healthgrades America’s 50 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Surgery have proven their dedication to quality care and exceptional outcomes,” said Dr. Brad Bowman, chief medical officer at Healthgrades. “Consumers should consider hospital quality when navigating their care journeys.”