RGV Leadership is now registering for its sixth annual nine-month educational program. Under the umbrella of the RGV Partnership, RGV Leadership promotes collaboration and discussion on the region’s most pressing challenges and opportunities.
RGV Leadership strives to fulfill the following five objectives:
- Engage and expand the leadership skills of current and emerging leaders from the four-county region
- Build long-lasting regional relationships
- Focus and discuss challenges and opportunities of the region
- Have a deeper understanding and appreciation of our four-county region
- Challenge the leadership class to innovate and help improve our quality of life with a regional perspective
Time commitment is important in RGV Leadership participation. The program includes a retreat orientation in South Padre Island Sept. 27-28 that will require a one overnight stay. Meals and hotel are part of the tuition fee. After the retreat, participants must attend a full-day session once a month on the third or fourth Friday. Meeting dates will be provided on Aug. 16. Regular sessions will take place between 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Program tuition is $1,000. It includes all program materials, class shirts, snacks, meals, overnight accommodations during retreats and some transportation. Participants have the option to pay in full by the first meeting, or it can be in paid in three installments.