The SBA works with a number of local partners to counsel, mentor and train small businesses. One of those partners is SCORE, a network of volunteer mentors with a mission to foster vibrant small business communities through mentoring and education.
SCORE is currently seeking volunteers in South Texas to help in its mission. Those looking for an opportunity to give back and make an impact on South Texas businesses may find a position available in the variety SCORE provides. Volunteering is a way to give back, network with business experts, and share your knowledge.
Angela Burton, district director of SBA’s Lower Rio Grande Valley District Offices states, “SCORE is a very important part of our small business ecosystem in the Lower Rio Grande Valley District. They provide invaluable no cost mentoring and training.”
Among the SCORE volunteering opportunities are:
- Mentor: Use industry-based knowledge and expertise to help business owners who are looking for guidance.
- Subject Matter Expert: Collaborate with experienced mentors to offer advice in a specific area of expertise.
- Workshop Presenter: Educate through giving presentations on specific small business topics.
- Chapter Support: Assist with marketing, finance, scheduling and other key support tasks.
- Diversity Leader: Make SCORE services more accessible by local small business owners in under-served segments.